Justice & Peace Department
The mission of Justice and Peace Department of Council of Baptist Churches in North East India is to proclaim and promote God's desire for justice (Micah 6:8), Christ's call to peacemaking (Matthew 5:9), and the Spirit's reconciling work (Ephesians 2:11-22).
Aims and Objectives:
1. To provide legal assistance to believers and churches who are experiencing legal difficulty in practicing their religious faith because of governmental regulation, intrusion, persecution or prohibition of one form or another.
2. To encourage and train program leaders and local volunteers primarily lawyers and law students to help remove key legal and other impediments to a fuller life for the poor and oppressed
3. To provide legal assistance to those whose rights are denied by illegal government action or inaction and law enforcement that improperly targets the minority and oppresse
4. To encourage self-help groups and provide education, instruction and training in self-help legal and other remedies for those who are able to address simple, commonly encountered situations or problems.
5. To effectively address the spiritual and interpersonal problems that sometimes contributes to legal problems, poverty and communal tensions.
6. To coordinate and cooperate with other organizations, associations and agencies both Governmental or non-Governmental to fully realize the aims and objectives of the Department.